Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Despondence



DESPONDENCE
by: Wilbert C. Laforteza

An importunate fate stormed my dusky pathway
All in a sudden, gathered hope…all blown away!
Was badly hurt, I strove, and I struggled for life
But the untimely storm kept pressing me down, rife!

Yes, I did my best not to blunder and squander
Yet the world seems so rugged, there’s much to ponder
Impunity strafed! I’m wounded…covered with gloom
Crawled begging help from anyone, even from a hoodlum

Guts, slowly sucked by the mighty quicksand of traverse
Captured each leaf of dreams…blurred life, slowly perverse
Alas! My future’s nightmare seems unstoppable
Pesky predicament’s fruit, it’s abominable!

Cold breeze of misery whirled vastly and staggered me
But I cringed ardently like a dauntless army
Rain of tribulations spattered on everywhere
Oh! I’m hit, I’m blinded…now drifting to nowhere

Life’s strait gate, sieves the entrant who bravely aspire
Dress-up with a coat of courage, then, transpire
I can bear this boldly although hope had faded…
But with courage and zeal, I’ll rise and be lauded!

No comments:

Post a Comment